Steel Cord Plant
FENNER CONVEYOR BELTING (SA) (PTY) LTD:
Fenner Conveyor Belting South Africa (Pty) Ltd, a member of the worldwide Fenner Group, announced the investment and development of a multi-million rand steel cord belt manufacturing facility at their Isando premises in Johannesburg. The new plant, which is due for commissioning early 2008, features state-of-the-art equipment to meet the growing demand for high quality steel cord belting, particularly in mining and heavy duty industrial applications. Not only will this new steel cord facility expand Fennerís existing product range, it will also satisfy the need for a wider choice of locally manufactured products available to local steel cord end users.
As part of the global group, Fenner will enjoy ongoing technology transfer and updates from their worldwide manufacturing facilities to bring the best of practices to the South African market.
About Fenner Conveyor Belting (SA) (Pty) Ltd
Established in South Africa in 1952, Fenner designs and manufactures conveyor belts that are used in leading surface and underground collieries across Sub-Saharan Africa. Fennerís core business is the manufacture and supply of fire retardant PVC and Nitrile solid woven conveyor belting.
In line with the companyís long-term commitment to South Africa, Fenner has extensive manufacturing facilities, covering an area of 19,000 square metres and a steel cord facility of over 7,000 square metres.
Committed to BEE
Fenner has a Black Economic Empowerment (BEE) partnership with Peotona Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd, a BEE company established in 2005 by a group of high profile professional business women.
DynaFlight® Steel Cord Product Range
Steel cord conveyor belts play an increasing and crucial role as the demand increases for economical and high speed, mass transportation of goods and materials over long distances.
Fenner designs, develops and produces steel cord belts in various lengths and widths, as well as a range of covers to suit the specific needs of customers. If the customerís operational concern is abrasion, heat, oil or sub-zero temperatures, a wide range of belt cover compounds are available to meet the most demanding operating requirements. Fennerís comprehensive product range, which conforms to current SANS 1366-2006 standards, uses one of the most advanced production technologies available.
Fenner manufactures high performance DynaFlight® steel cord belting to order which is designed to withstand the toughest loads, under high tension, in the most rugged conditions.
A Proven Track Record
Fennerís customised solutions are based on in-depth technical knowledge of conveyor operations and belting designs. Fenner CB blends years of experience with the benefits of the latest computer technology to assure the optimum of belt design at the most cost effective and competitive prices. Cord construction, diameter and pitch, cover thickness and style, safety factors, protection breakers and condition monitoring are each carefully selected to match pricing demands of the conveyor system.
DynaFlight® Features and Benefits
- High Capacity: High belt speeds and deep troughing keep materials moving.
- Longevity: Combination of high strength and outstanding flexibility produces longer lasting belts.
- Straight Tracking: Belts are pre-tensioned during manufacture with alternating S and Z twists cords.
- Minimum Load Disturbance: High tensile strength means transfer points are reduced or eliminated and loads go smoothly, without surges, over the idlers.
- Unsurpassed Quality: Careful construction using corrosion resistant zinc coated cords, tightly adhering cord-bonding rubber, all protected with a hardwearing cover means extra/long life in service.
- Customisation: Belts can be customised to suit specific conditions and requirements.
- High carbon steel: Manufactured from high carbon steel to provide same properties as steel such as high modulus/ low elongation and absence of creep.
- Cost savings: Designed for specific applications ensuring enhanced belt life, resulting in cost savings. Cover compounds are formulated and engineered from natural and/or synthetic rubber to give optimum performance.
Fenner Steel Cord Splicing
Fenner has an in-house Service Department incorporating a Splicing Division with dedicated teams with specialist and easily transportable equipment to carry out steel cord splicing for all projects fitted with Fenner steel cord belting. Fennerís steel cord splicing division has highly experienced staff and a range of modern vulcanising presses that are deployed for all applications, whether on surface or underground.
For more information and specifications on the Fenaplast range of products, download the brochure below:
Documents accessible from this page are Adobe PDF documents
You will need Adobe Reader to read .pdf files.
You can download this program free from www.adobe.com.